Victoria’s Secret Jeans Online Ordering

6.19.2008
This review brought to you by Brooke from The Sylvester 4.

Blue London Jean
The Sexy Bootcut Jean with VS Uplift™ in stretch
Cost: Normally $88 (ouch!) Sale $68 (clearance sale: $48)

I almost never buy clothes online. I’m not an easy fit. But there was a great sale, and I have always loved the look of the regular non-ho clothes in the VS catalogue. I have such a hard time finding jeans that fit me, and there is a good return policy, so I was willing to give it a try.

Normally I would have gone for the normal everyday jeans, but because of the sale, it was one of those- you can only get what they have in stock- kind of things. The jeans I wanted weren’t available in my size. The only ones they DID have in my size were the VS Uplift jeans.

I took my measurements, and was disgusted with the size they told me I should wear, so I went a size lower. Vain, yes. But a good idea, in the long run. The jeans that came fit me like a glove. I was so excited. The only odd thing about them was the “uplift panel”. On the inside of the butt of the jeans they have sewn a shiny navy blue elastic-y material. It doesn’t look very space age-y or technological. It just sort of looks like your panties got stuck inside you jeans last time you changed and you aren’t going to take them out.

It didn’t do anything for my ass. But, while I am a bit overweight, my ass doesn’t hang to the ground, either, so- maybe if I had more of a problem, I’d see more of a fix…

I also bought 3 tops from the ‘bra tops’ line. I would love to wear more tank tops and whatnot, but I’m one of those women who cannot go without a bra under any circumstances.

The first one, halter bra top (reg. $29), is very nice. They describe it as: “A sweet essential in a range of luscious colors. Shelf bralette with substantial stretch for support with no show-through”… mostly true. It’s comfortable, it almost gives me enough support (if I shorten the neck strap a bit I think it will be perfect), but, as for the no show-though… Let’s just say, on a cold day, I don’t want to be wearing this top.






Secondly, I got the bra top 3-pack. Three spaghetti string tank tops in three different colors. A very basic shelf bra. I, personally, wouldn’t be able to wear only it outside, but I got them to wear under other shirts and lacy tops. They are perfect for that. Other (read: smaller) women would have no problem wearing these alone. (unless you get cold. But, then, some people don’t have a problem with that…)






Lastly, I got the IPEX™ Bra Top halter (reg. $49) I loved the look of this. Yes, it is a little low cut. I was thinking for dinner out with the hubby or a dinner party. I wasn’t planning on wearing it to church or anything. And GOOD THING, cause damn, it’s low cut. Sexy as hell, yes, but LOW. It actually has a real bra built right into it. It was a little confusing to get into- getting the bra straps untangled from the shirt material and hooked. But it looks good, and fits like a glove. Now I just have to figure out somewhere to wear it!


Pros: Ordering on-line is easy, fun, and you never have to leave you house. Once you know what size fits you, you can order confidently and easily. The order comes fast and packaged well.

Cons: When ordering online you always run the risk of clothes that don’t fit. However, (this is really a PRO, I think) VS sends the return shipping labels and postage with the order. YES! If you need to return something, all you have to do is put it in a box or envelope and slap on the labels, and you’re done.


OK, that’s it! Enjoy!

0 comments: