Petmate Litter Locker

7.22.2008

Review: Litter Locker by Petmate


Price: $25 - $29 depending on where you buy it

OK, I know this sounds crazy, and I know not everyone is just sitting around thinking about kitty litter issues, but- here it is.

We have 4 cats, and I love them to death. I mean, I know a lot of people would hate having that many animals around, but I love it. I love having…. Life around me all the time. If I had to get rid of any of our animals, I would be crushed.

But, there is one thing I absolutely HATE, and that is (to be blunt here) POOP. I just hate dealing with it, cleaning it, and especially finding it in places it shouldn’t be.

So, I cannot say enough good things about the Litter Locker by Petmate. Have you ever seen a Diaper Genie? This is almost exactly the same thing. You scoop the used litter into it, turn the handle thing, and it seals the litter away- out of sight, out of SMELL. You only have to deal with the cat poop when you empty the container, which could be from about three times a month, in my case, or once a month if you have fewer cats. When do empty it, you don’t have to touch the litter- even get your hands dirty.

Now that my husband travels, and I am forced to do the kitty litter duties myself, I finally, finally, am able to do it without feeling gross, and without feeling resentful about having to do it.

The Litter Locker, and the “giant litter pan” have taken away the one thing that made pet ownership a pain in my ass. I am a happy, happy pet owner.

I’d still prefer for a special pill that made them not poop at ALL, but until that day, this will work.

0 comments: