Hady Tip

6.17.2008
By Kerrie at The Minivan Soapbox


As much as I love to look out my kitchen windows and see my garden, the work and sweat I have to put into it each year is exhausting. Gardening and mulching can also be very dirty work. The path from our front driveway to our backyard is a good hike - and can seem even longer when having to take 20 trips back and forth from the car hauling bags oaf mulch or flats of plants.

A wheelbarrow would come in handy for those trips - however, those can be expensive and take up needed space in our garage. I've found a much handier way of doing things - and I was able to re-use something we have laying around.

We're past the age of spending all our time in a stroller - and if I do still need it from time to time, I simply cover in a large trash bag before using for yard work. Makes those trips back and forth MUCH easier - and clean up afterwards is one trip back. The stroller also folds down for storing, as most strollers do - simply store away during the winter months, and pull back out for spring.

I may look a little silly - but my back thanks me at the end of the day.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never would have thought about the stroller for this. But have used the wagon for years! (my son is 23!)

Thanks for your email letting me know about your new blog. I'll write something up and let you know.

Posted by: toni | June 18, 2008 at 08:53 AM