Mother's Touch Comfort Bath Sling

6.18.2008

This review is brought to you by Christine who writes The Bilek Family blog.

MESH BATH SLING

Last summer as we were packing up the truck to head down to the beach, I was overwhelmed with how much STUFF kids need and how much we had to pack to go through our daily routines. With a 1.5 yr old and a 4 mo old...I had all kinds of gear to bring, you know, double stroller, travel swing for the baby, pack and play for bedtime, etc. I had to draw the line somewhere, and that line was drawn at bringing the baby tub. I just felt a tad ridiculous dragging that along with us.

I had to run in to the local KMART (gag...sorry, I am a Target girl) down in Myrtle Beach, I breezed through the baby section and stopped dead in my tracks. You see, bath time wasn't going so hot in the tub at the beach...it has one of those sliding glass doors on a track, so my ribs were a tad irritated with me. I was also still doing bath time, one kid at a time (I just realized that when I went to find the picture...it was named "first bath together")

I found this mesh bath sling that I could lay the baby on in the tub, which would keep her head elevated and out of big brothers way, while staying nice and warm in the water. Holy cow, she looks like such a chunk...I swear she was only 14lbs!

I loved it, it was cheap (probably only 5 bucks or so) and I ended up using the sling until my little lady was almost a year old! (she's rather petite)

PROS:
  • The mesh dries quickly and easily slips off to be washed
  • It made it so much easier to get through bath time, both kids could be in the tub and I didn't have to hold the baby up the entire time...she could just lounge and big brother had more interaction with her.
  • I swear that having used the sling for so long has made my daughter WAY more comfortable laying on her back in the pool to learn how to float, and she also doesn't freak out when I lean her back to rinse out her hair. That sensation must feel more normal to her.
  • Keeps your baby warm since they are in the water...I don't like the idea of the ones that sit up in the air...hello, wet and cold baby!
  • As she got bigger and had more control, she could either sit up in it or lay back, and I didn't have to worry about her falling out.
CONS:
  • You have to keep an eye on the water level so that the sling doesn't start to teeter when your baby gets a bit top-heavy, I would just let a bit of water out and the problem was solved

I couldn't find the exact model on the Kmart website, so I did a bit of Googling, and I like the looks of this one even more than the one I used for so long...I think the plush sides are nice, and from the reviews, it helps keep your baby warm! It's a few bucks more, but I think this item is totally worth it. I have a friend who is due with twins and I think I'll order her 2!

0 comments: